Jura Krakowsko-Czestochowska

Jura Krakowsko-Czestochowska

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 50.62150°N / 19.44000°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 30, 2007
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Once, on a very, very hot day of July I decided to go to the upland of Jura-Krakowsko- Czestochowska. This is lime rock formation abounding in numerous lime-rock features like monadnocks, caves, sharp rock ridges, gorges and so on. It lies between Cracow and Czestochowa
So I took my car and went to the Zarki village-20 km south east from Czestochowa
After 2.5hours’jorney I left my car in the parking-lot near the well Poland-known basilica one of the Polish pilgrimage church. I entered it and then rested in the beautiful garden which encompass basilica. Now, I changed my “long” clothes to the “short “one and went forward to look for some rock formations., Just behind the last house of the little hamlet of Przewodziszowice I have been stopped by a woman offering me goat milk. It was very hot but I didn’t think it was good idea. So J refused and continued the way .The first monadnocks and other boulders have just appeared. I climbed the first then others and took some pictures.
Jura krakowsko Czestochowska
Jura krakowsko Czestochowska


Not to many as I haven’t got digital camera .Only an old “Zenit-8” Camera with 36 pictures film.
The landscape was very picturesque .White scattered rock formations among poor meadows adorned with heather and juniper and here and there some wood. Those all was delightful. A little further I entered the thick forest .Leaving the forest I saw the first houses of the village of Lutowiec and hanging rocks over the houses
Jura krakowsko Czestochowska
Jura krakowsko Czestochowska

Jura krakowsko Czestochowska

Took pictures and went further to the sharp white rock ridge of Mirowskie skaly (Mirowskie rocks).There are two ruins of castle nestled on the two ends of the ridge. One of them being under reconstruction (in private possession).
Jura krakowsko Czestochowska

Hiking trough the ridge I suddenly discovered that something wrong happened to my Camera. The mechanism of camera has blocked. Probably because of the high temperature The film got longer and didn’t fit to the mechanism of camera .So I couldn’t took the pictures any longer. J was dreaded .Perhaps I wouldn’t have any pictures I thought.
Looping I started my way back . I was at the highest point of my journey – Wielka Gora 423m when suddenly I heard thunder and saw lightings across the skies. The sky got fast covered with clouds and the heavy rain neared to me .I haven’t got any rain coat or other against rain stuff . Only little umbrella saved me but very short time. Heavy rain left the place soon and the sun appeared again.
The last 7 km back way to the parking-lot was trough farm fields and rare wood. There weren’t rock formations any more. So I got to my car and returned home.
Most of the pictures I took had ruined. Only a few had saved. It was very nice trip.





Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
visentin

visentin - Oct 9, 2008 6:31 am - Voted 10/10

Jura on MBPost

I've added an album about the Jura from the bicycle point of view on MBPost:
http://www.mbpost.com/area/267865/polish-jura.html

wlado

wlado - Oct 9, 2008 1:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Jura on MBPost

Thank You visentin.I will look trough this album and other Your albums as soon as possible.You have taken a lot of pictures lately .So I need a lot of time to look trough them all.
My Cheers Wlado

Viewing: 1-2 of 2