Viewing: 1-6 of 6
desainme

desainme - Dec 20, 2006 10:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Did you experience

any black flies? The mass of one mosquito equals the mass of 10 black flies. Black flies swarm worse than mosquitos. Good story.

alexclimb

alexclimb - Dec 21, 2006 5:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Did you experience

Yes, there was some, but in not significant quantity comparing to mosquitoes! These flies are so small, that you can not even see them until they bite you. Thanks for your comment!

Corax

Corax - Dec 22, 2006 11:23 am - Voted 10/10

Interesting

Interesting and well written story. Looking forward to some more photos.

alexclimb

alexclimb - Dec 23, 2006 2:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Interesting

Thank you my friend for you comment! There are more pictures for this story here Alexclimb Photos from Kamchatka I am not sure they are good enough to post them to SummitPost...

Corax

Corax - Dec 23, 2006 6:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Interesting

I think there are many nice ones there and they will make the trip report so much more interesting and descriptive if you add them.

palic

palic - Mar 1, 2007 7:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Hmmm, strange experience...

Well, it is strange, that there are "no information sources" for Kamchatka. There are a lot of them on web, there are also a lot of people interesting in mountaineering in Kamchatka. Simply to contact them and it is all.

I was there twice for ski-alpinism at volcanos:
http://www.kamcatka2002.expedition.sk/indexen.php?page=main

Try to find the report of Kasha Rigby, the telemarker, who was at Kamchatka in 2000 for descending from volcanos.

Really unbelieveable are troubles with finding accomodation in P-K or Elizovo. We have not any problem. I also never paid RUR 500 for a taxi at Kamchatka.:-)

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Kamchatka, climbing Kluchevskaya Sopka and Krestovskij volcano.' main page