Latir Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
birdhead

birdhead - Oct 7, 2019 8:21 am Date Climbed: Oct 6, 2019

Latir Loop  Sucess!

Hiked along with Venado as part of the Latir Loop. Our total distance was around 15.5 miles according to three different gps units. We took about 7 hours for the full loop at an easy pace. Day trip from ABQ.

flintstoner - Aug 28, 2017 3:57 pm Date Climbed: Aug 27, 2017

Hiking Latir the Easy Way  Sucess!

Hiked up from Latir Lakes. Per my GPS: 2.03 miles in 1hour, 12 minutes from the trailhead located at the third Latir Lake. Beautiful day, saw several large herds of elk. Also hiked Venado and Virsylvia Peaks the same day. Note: The Latir Lakes are owned by the Rio Costilla Park and require an entrance fee of $10 for day use or $20 for camping/use per day. Access to Latir Lakes also requires a high clearance vehicle with 4WD being preferred. Beautiful area. Be off the mtn by noon. When I hiked, thunder was heard in the distance by 11AM. By noon it was over me but I was down in the trees by then.

lizrdboy

lizrdboy - Nov 10, 2016 9:12 am

AAS Trip  Sucess!

Cold, windy, beautiful trip with Paul, Dan and Weeds. Saw a lot of sheep.

jdzaharia

jdzaharia - Jun 23, 2016 1:03 pm Date Climbed: Jun 18, 2016

Loop

The sky got a little more hazy in the time it took me to hike from Venado, but I could still pick out the Crestone group in Colorado.

seano

seano - May 8, 2016 3:52 pm Date Climbed: May 6, 2016

From Venado  Sucess!

Finishing the loop from Venado. Nice views of Culebra and Blanca to the north. I saw lots of sheep turds, but no bighorns. A relatively painless slush-slog back down via Heart Lake. Trip report.

strudolyubov

strudolyubov - Apr 14, 2011 5:42 pm Date Climbed: Jul 5, 2009

Latir Loop  Sucess!

Hiked to the summit of Latir Peak coming from Venado Peak. Fun hike, nice weather, gorgeous views!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Latir Peak' main page