Lundy Island

Lundy Island

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing

Lundy Island

Located way out in the Bristol Channel, Lundy Island is a good contender for England's most remote climbing location. It is also home to some of the steepest, cleanest and most atmospheric granite cliffs in the country, making a visit here something to be genuinely savored.

Climbing here is a serious business, it's cliffs require commitment to reach and its remote location mitigates against easy rescue. However, those who board the HMS Oldenburg and make the effort to reach it will be rewarded by a multitude of routes of all grades, many of which can claim to be the best of their kind anywhere in the country.

If you do manage to make a trip, be sure to check out the island's classics, which include The Devil's Slide (HS 4a), Shamrock (VS 4c), American Beauty (HVS 5a), The Indy 500 (E1 5b) and The Promised Land (E3 6a).

My knowledge of Lundy is too limited to allow the creation of an Area / Range page, so the purpose of this album is to create a public place for posting and sharing photos of the island.


Lundy For more info on climbing on Lundy Island, check out the Climbers’ Club Guide to Lundy by Paul Harrison


Comments

No comments posted yet.