Møllehøj - the real highpoint of Denmark!

Møllehøj - the real highpoint of Denmark!

This millstone indicates the point that owns the prod title of highpoint of Denmark. The millstone is the last remnant of a mill that was here during the 19th century.
SzaniUherkovich
on Oct 19, 2013 7:47 am
Image ID: 872652

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - Oct 19, 2013 1:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Ejer Bavnehøj, Møllehøj,

and Yding skovhøj all are lying on a rather high (For Denmark) plateau, and therefore seems quite unimpressive. The Himmelbjerget (Sky Mountain!) has a rather steep north side of 120 m (about 400 feet) above the lake Julsø, and really looks like a small mountain. When we climbed this in 15 minutes with a couple of young American visitors in 1976, one of them even got slightly out of breath!

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Oct 19, 2013 3:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ejer Bavnehøj, Møllehøj,

Hi Ejnar,
I see that my Danish photos inspired you to post this comment - there are not many Denmark-related contributions here on SP ;-)
Yes, I know about Himmelbjerget with its steep hillside, and getting breathless after a big ascent is always a good feeling - but altitude is even more magnetic for me, so I decided to visit these Top 3's (and so I bagged another country highpoint - or 3?)
Cheers, Szani



Viewing: 1-2 of 2