Maverick Hill Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
mstender

mstender - May 12, 2020 9:24 am Date Climbed: May 9, 2020

Found the summit register!  Sucess!

Hiked with Andy Martin. The campground was still closed so we just drove in a bit from the trailhead to find a nice spot to camp. Hike was easy and for the last bit there were still cairns here and there. I found a rock pile near what i believed to be the highest spot with the summit register. We walked around a bit to make sure we had covered the highest ground.

Vic Hanson

Vic Hanson - Apr 25, 2020 10:25 pm Date Climbed: Apr 25, 2020

Social Distancing on Maverick Hill  Sucess!

I've been climbing numerous peaks near Duncan, AZ recently and discovered Maverick Hill on AllTrails so decided to hike up here before I move on Next week. Covid 19 had the campground closed and there wasn't anyone else on the mountain. Was a beautiful day on the mountain but couldn't find a summit register, just a pile of rocks. I didn't run into any scratchy section of trail but the last half of the hiking trail route was hard to follow. There were a few cairns for awhile then nothing, I just headed towards the summit location marked on the AllTrails map.

surgent

surgent - May 18, 2011 1:27 pm Date Climbed: May 9, 2011

Fun and scratchy  Sucess!

Overall, easy. Got scratched up pretty good on the off-trail parts. Nice views along the way. Rarely visited summit, perhaps deserves a few more people per year. Suggestion: bring some branch cutters.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Maverick Hill' main page