Mount Carmine Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
calebEOC

calebEOC - Jun 19, 2014 12:13 am Date Climbed: Jun 8, 2014

Clover Creek  Sucess!

After Aspen Butte, saw a Pine Marten in the saddle on my way back down.

locke456

locke456 - Oct 8, 2013 11:13 pm Date Climbed: Sep 13, 2013

Great Dayhike, Bad Weather  Sucess!

Had planned to hike in to the basin between Pelican Butte and Mount Carmine to camp overnight and summit both of them in the morning. On my way in, though, bad weather kicked up (thunderstorms and rain), so I dropped my pack at the point where the train drops down into the basin and scrambled up Pelican Butte while keeping an eye on the storm.

It blew off to the side of the butte, so I descended down to the saddle between the butte and Carmine and bushwhacked my way up to its summit before returning to my gear and hiking out to the car by headlamp. A very long dayhike, but great fun. Aspen Butte was clearly the superior of the two view-wise, but there was a really neat (huge!) gendarme on Carmine that was worth the digression in and of itself.

Troy B

Troy B - Jun 23, 2013 4:48 pm Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2013

Southwest Ridge  Sucess!

Camped on the ridge leading to Aspen Butte. Woke up early and hiked over to the summit of Mt. Carmine up the southwest ridge.

Paul McClellan

Paul McClellan - Oct 2, 2012 11:50 pm Date Climbed: Oct 27, 2011

Southwest Ridge  Sucess!

Hiked the Clover Creek Trail and Mountain Lakes Trail to access Aspen Butte, then dropped north into the basin and hiked up Mount Carmine via its southwest ridge. It was a beautiful autumn day.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Mount Carmine' main page