Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Dec 17, 2003 3:27 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good work John!

wuedesau

wuedesau - Dec 17, 2003 4:46 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another to me (up to now) unknown giant. Very impressive pics.

John Shen

John Shen - Dec 17, 2003 6:24 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank very log on my page and given a nice vote and the Crown Peak is not far from where I live. I hope someday you could pay a visit here!

desainme

desainme - Dec 17, 2003 5:46 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cool page about a large and bold peak north of K2. The author describes the peak and its history and chronicles its ascent by a Japanese partty

John Shen

John Shen - Dec 17, 2003 6:26 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you very much for logging on my Crown page and I hope someday you could pay a visit to it, for it is not very far from where I live.Thanks!

Velebit

Velebit - Dec 17, 2003 5:49 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page John! Thanks for adding one of unknown peaks of your amazing country. Yengisogat glacier is 42km long, wow, that is really impressive! I hope that one day I'll come and visit Xinjiang.

John Shen

John Shen - Dec 17, 2003 6:33 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Dear Velebit,

Thank you very much for logging on my page and nicely offered the right length of Yengisogat glacier and I will put it right. You are welcomed to pay a visit in Xinjiang and you could choose any mountains here that open to the climbers around the world.



Be my guest!

Nikolas_A

Nikolas_A - Dec 17, 2003 5:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You could brake the Overview in smaller paragraphs, it's very hard to read. Also you could move the route info into a new route page and add some more photos

John Shen

John Shen - Dec 18, 2003 1:45 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you very much for your vote and the suggestions. I have split up the overview bloc in to three seperate ones: Overview, climbing history and difficulty of climbing Crown.

Before I put up the crown page I have consulted with the membership of SP about it as I have never climbed the peak myself, and some members felt that thus I should abstain from putting up a route page, so I have just made an extra chapter in the main page with some route information.

Some more pictures will be put up in the near future.

Diego SahagĂșn

Diego SahagĂșn - Dec 18, 2003 7:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good work John but you could add more photos and ROUTES in their section, don't give out



Gracias

John Shen

John Shen - Dec 19, 2003 3:25 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Diego for the vote! I am working to have more unique photo's on the page soon. Well, you know how it is on Summitpost, some people just do not want you to put on route pages if you have not climbed it yourself. And I never was far above advanced base camp. Anyhow I am directly trying to contact one of the men of the first ascent team for more detailed information and than will discuss and work it out here with my friends in the climbing scene here in Urumqi. So in due time a route description page will appear, but I want it to be very detailed and accurate: On something as difficult as the one known route on Crown, it is all to easy to get killed, even if you have accurate information.

John Shen

John Shen - Jan 9, 2004 12:14 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Dear Mr. rbi,



It was nice that you voted on my Mt.Crown page. I live at the food of Tian Shan Mountains. You are wecomed to pay a visit to my place someday.



yours sincerely,



John

John Shen

John Shen - Nov 13, 2004 4:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi, Mr. Gordonye,



Thanks a lot for voting my picture. I live in food of Tianshan Mountains --the Mt. Bogda. You are welcome to pay a visit to my home town -- Urumqi,Xinjiang, China.



Wtrite to me when or if you have time!



In Peace,



John

gordonye

gordonye - Nov 15, 2004 3:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

John

Thanks. I was in Urumqi briefly in 1999. Would love to come back again and see more of the beautiful Tien Shan range.

vertx

vertx - Dec 21, 2004 10:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Corax

Corax - Nov 17, 2005 9:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

An interesting and well made page, about a remote peak in the wonderful Karakorams.

John Shen

John Shen - Nov 18, 2005 11:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Dear Mr.Corax,



Thanks a lot for your comments on my Crown Peak page. I grown up the food of Tian Shan Mountain,Uruqmi, Xinjiang. I was used to be mountain tour guide at Xinjiang Mountaineering Association for over 10 years (1983-1993) and I have been guided Italy K2 Yak expedition in 1983 for 4 monthes. I am the secretary in chief of Xinjiang Ecology Society. We will offer a whole set of exploratory ,mountountaineering & scientific research expeditions onto the Burog lakes & Zangber Kangri 2006 in the northern Tibet/Qinghai plateau.



If you are interested in that or more information you could contact me at shenzhuang58@hotmail.com and MSN as well or my skype:shenzhuang58.



Thank you again for your comments!



Stay in touch, stay in health!



John Shen



Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Return to 'Mount Crown, (Huangguan)' main page