Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Aug 1, 2014 1:26 pm - Voted 10/10

We need to meet...

I am currently based out of Red Lodge and working on a guidebook for the Beartooths. I am in the 3rd year of work on it and this traverse (among many other obscure, rarely done routes in the Beartooths) is a route I am planning to include in the book. I have tried researching for anyone who has done this traverse and was downright shocked to see a new TR for it on SP. You are the first I have seen. While I was on the summit of Hague I scouted a route of the traverse but the only mystery I couldn't solve was dropping off Hague without a rappel. Where did you do that?

Would you be interested in meeting up for some future climbs in the Beartooths? I have been struggling to find climbing partners for alpine adventures in the Beartooths.

Feel free to email me at mlemke100@gmail.com if you're interested.
Matt

WookieMilk - Jun 24, 2016 4:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: We need to meet...

I wish I saw this sooner. As you have clearly seen I don't usually post my exploits, but I wanted to put this one out there for anybody who might be interested. Almost two years later, I'm looking to get back out to the Beartooths for some pre-Ecuador training and I just stumbled upon your message. If you're interested in climbing together this summer or would still like some beta on this route let me know.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Jul 1, 2016 10:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: We need to meet...

Haha no worries! I am hoping to make it back to the Beartooths in September sometime. Will you be around then?

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Mount Hague Traverse to Mount Wood' main page