Mount Villard Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
rvancleave

rvancleave - Sep 13, 2021 11:20 am Date Climbed: Jul 28, 2017

Via Upper Aero Lake  Sucess!

Climbed up from Upper Aero Lake. Lots of loose, nasty scree but we were able to make it without any issues

kleinclimbs

kleinclimbs - Sep 14, 2020 10:21 am Date Climbed: Aug 1, 2020

From Upper Aero Lake Camp  Sucess!

Climbed from camp at upper Aero Lake. We were able to hike on snow to the saddle between the two Villard peaks. I was a little sketched out traversing the narrow ridge of snow at the top between the two summits, but all went well.

Gordon Hommes

Gordon Hommes - Sep 10, 2020 1:28 pm Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2020

Ascent from Upper Aero Lake  Sucess!

Camped on Rough Lake, hiked over saddle to Upper Aero Lake, then scrambled up steep talus and scree to saddle between east and west summits. Lots of loose rock, decomposing granite. Crossed remains of snow cornice between saddle and east summit. Fantastic views in all directions.
Clear weather.

freedeep

freedeep - Mar 24, 2020 5:08 pm Date Climbed: Jul 17, 2012

Easy scramble from Upper Aero Lake  Sucess!

On the way from the lake to Mt Villard summit a good sized boulder came bounding down from the Villard Spires. I was only minutes past the area where the boulder exploded into pieces. Decided then to not try the Spires. Another good day.
Photos posted are from several hikes into the area.

VincePoore

VincePoore - Sep 6, 2017 9:44 am Date Climbed: Sep 4, 2017

South Slope  Sucess!

My smokiest day ever in the Beartooths. Mt Wood and Hague were not visible from the summit.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Aug 20, 2013 5:10 am Date Climbed: Aug 4, 2013

NE Ridge  Sucess!

Did this awesome scramble on our way around to do the full Granite Peaks Traverse. Fun and exposed Class 4 terrain.

montaneer

montaneer - Sep 14, 2009 9:35 pm Date Climbed: Aug 5, 2003

Great Climb  Sucess!

Hiked into Lower Aero Lake and based there. Then summited via a random cross counrty route to the base and its SW slopes. Great hike even though we had not so good weather.

tristan_mt - Apr 25, 2007 2:54 am

Climbed from Upper Aero Lake  Sucess!

Beautiful day and a wonderful mountain. Awesome views of the entire Beartooth range and specifically Granite Peak.

bakcast

bakcast - Aug 24, 2005 5:35 pm

Route Climbed: Ridge from Glacier/Hidden Date Climbed: Mid July 2004  Sucess!

Started from Upper Aero Lake, summited Glacier and worked our way along the ridge to Hidden and Villard. Great day, fantastic area. Descended the SE slopes.



Returned to Villard over Labor Day weekend 2005 to explore the area again an enjoy the excellent fishing. Ascent via SE ridge of hidden with a traverse to Villard was easier than the previous attempt via W ridge of Hidden. What a great area!

CBakwin

CBakwin - Aug 24, 2005 3:49 pm

Route Climbed: Northeast Ridge Date Climbed: August 16, 2005  Sucess!

Did this on a scouting trip and made a couple wrong turns coming up from Avalanche Lake. Pass "Little Rum Doodle" Spire on the left side to Storm Lakes, then to the saddle, traverse to the snow then on to the left and the summit is a big rock pile with a tiny cairn. Takes about 4-5 hours up.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Mount Villard' main page