Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.86551°N / 112.23192°W
Additional Information County: Sevier
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10215 ft / 3114 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

White Pine Peak is the second highest peak in the Pahvant Mountains of Central. It is surpassed only by its neighbor to the west by 7 feet. The dirt roads that come extremely close to the summit make this an easy objective that can be done with Mine Camp Peak the same day.

Getting There

From Richfield, Utah, take 300 N west out of town. It turns into Forest Road 096 just past I-70. Drive straight for about 8 miles then turn right onto the continuation of Forest Road 096 (Richfield West Mountain Road). There are good signs that direct you to White Pine Peak. Drive another 6.2 miles to the spine of the mountain range where you will turn North (right) onto Forest Road 096. Take this road directly to the peak at the next fork on its southern shoulder.

Route

You can park along the road directly to the west of the peak and meander up the benches to the summit. There is a barbed-wire fence that you'll have to cross on the way.
Round-trip Distance: 0.5 miles
Elevation Gain: 250 feet

The other option is parking to the south of the peak and hiking up the summit road, which is about 3 times as long but same elevation gain.

Red Tape

None though the peak is in the Fish Lake National Forest.

When to Climb

Year-round though a snowmobile and/or snowshoes are recommended in the winter.

Camping

There are several primitive campsites in the network of dirt roads but no developed campgrounds.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pahvant MountainsMountains & Rocks