Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.12117°N / 110.81457°W
Additional Information County: Garfield
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 11506 ft / 3507 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the distinct triangular northern peak of the Henry Mountains that is actually the second highest in the range rising 500 feet above the saddle with the slightly taller North Summit Ridge of Mount Ellen directly south.

Getting There

The trailhead is at Bull Creek Pass, which is the same starting point for Mount Ellen.

Route

Continue north from the summit of Mount Ellen's North Summit Ridge. You will lose 500 feet of elevation before regaining most of it to reach the summit of Mount Ellen Peak.

From Bull Creek Pass

Round-trip Distance: 5.7 miles

Elevation Gain: 2037 feet

From Mount Ellen North Summit Ridge

Round-trip Distance: 2 miles

Elevation Gain: roughly 1000 feet (500 feet both ways)

Red Tape

Managed by the BLM. No permits or fees. Please practice "Leave No Trace."

When to Climb

Spring-Fall are the best times. Winter will be quite a long trek/adventure.

Camping

McMillan Campground on the west side. Lonesome Beaver Campground on the east side. Both offer a handful of campsites with a minimal BLM fee.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Henry MountainsMountains & Rocks