Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.36970°N / 112.3591°W
Additional Information County: Piute
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 12070 ft / 3679 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

An often overlooked peak just east of Delano Peak with a prominence of just over 300 feet, this is one of the five 12,000-foot peaks in the Tushar Mountains. 

Getting There

Take Highway 153 from Beaver east about 16 miles. Turn left onto FS 123 toward Big John Flat. Stay on the most well-maintained dirt road through Big John Flat. About 2-3 miles past the meadows is the trailhead marked by a sign on the right side of the road.

Route

This peak is most easily reached via the summit of Delano Peak. It is class 2/3 to the summit.

Round-trip Distance: 0.8 miles

Elevation Gain: 300 feet from saddle. Add 400 feet in order to pass back over Delano Peak.

Red Tape

No permits or fees required. Please use "Leave No Trace" ethics. No not approach wildlife.

When to Climb

Summer and fall are best. Winter and Spring will require skis and/or snowshoes.

Camping

Big John Flat is the closest spot to pitch a tent. A new toilet facility has been placed there for campers. Please keep vehicles off the meadows. 



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Tushar MountainsMountains & Rocks