Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.44256°N / 112.39386°W
Additional Information County: Piute
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 11650 ft / 3551 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The rounded peak of yellowish hues to the north of Mount Belknap with a prominence of 907 feet.

Gold Mountain
Gold Mountain

Getting There

From Richfield, drive south on I-70 and take exit 23 toward Panquitch. Drive south to Marysvale and take a right onto W Bullion Ave and drive 0.6 miles before taking another right onto Beaver Creek Road. Stay on this road for 13.4 miles and take another right onto Forest Road 1048, which requires AWD/4WD and some clearance.

Route

From the saddle, go straight north on steep terrain. It levels off a bit the further you go after about 300 feet of elevation gain. Follow the faint trails over and next to the ridgeline to the summit.

Round-trip Distance: 1.9 miles

Elevation Gain: 907 feet

Red Tape

No permits or fees required. Please practice "Leave No Trace" ethics.

From Mount Belknap
From Mount Belknap

When to Climb

Summer and fall are best. Spring will require some snow travel and winter will be a full-on winter adventure.

Camping

There is a primitive site right at the start of the route. The nearest campgrounds are in Marysvale. There are campsites at Candy Mountain Resort and at Piute State Park.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Tushar MountainsMountains & Rocks