Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.22331°N / 109.79219°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information County: Sublette
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 11695 ft / 3565 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

I climbed Squaretop with my friends and family over labor day weekend in 2019 It is a pleasant hike pretty much the first ten miles to beaver park.

Getting There

From Pinedale Continue west onto US-191 then in 6 miles turn right onto WY-352 W then continue strait 44 miles to green river lakes trailhead.

Route

Once you are at green river lakes trailhead walk the highline trail for 11 miles until you reach beaver park, when you reach Beaver Park many people stop for the night and camp there before they make there accent. From Beaver Park walk the left edge of the meadow north and you will find a trail follow that trail up 1500 ft elevation gain to Granite lake, from there you will take a left when the trail merges then bushwack up to a bench from there the trail should be visible in the hillside when you find the trail going up keep on it until you reach the saddle which is about 1500 ft higher then granite lake. When you reach the saddle follow the trail around a rock ledge after you get above the rock ledge you will see why its called Squaretop because its just flat on top. continue north until you reach the highest point and then you've made it. 

Red Tape

There are no permits needed for climbing Squaretop. 

When to Climb

From July 1st to Sep 10th is the best time to climb because all the snow is pretty much melted.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
hgrapid

hgrapid - Nov 5, 2019 11:48 am - Voted 5/10

Any other photos?

This seems like a gorgeous mountain. Do you have other photos?

Scott

Scott - Nov 21, 2019 9:57 am - Voted 3/10

Nice start

but needs more information.

kvhunter - Jun 5, 2020 6:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Map / gpx file not working

The map and gpx file don't seem to be working. I am able to look at other maps and gpx files on the website.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3