Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 44.05597°N / 71.06772°W
Additional Information County: Carroll
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 2369 ft / 722 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Black Cap is a mountain located near the town of North Conway, New Hampshire.  It is a popular day hike for those spending time in the resort town of North Conway.  Black Cap is part of the Green Hills, a low north-south running ridge flanking the east side of Highway 302.  The Green Hills are part of the greater foothills area of the White Mountains.  The summit is exposed granite that appears black in color.

Getting There

From Highway 302 in North Conway head east on Hurrican Mountain road.  The trail head is approximately 2 miles once you turn onto Hurrican Mountain Road.  There is a small parking lot at the trail head.

Route

The Black Cap Trail leads up to the summit from the parking lot.  Most of the trail is an easy walk up, but there is some scrambling on exposed rock near the summit.  The trail takes about 30 mintues to complete in good conditions and is around 1 mile in length. 

Red Tape

No fees.

When to Climb

Spring, Summer and Fall.  Summer and Fall are the most enjoyable times.  The access road to the trail head is closed in winter. 

Camping

Add Camping text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.