Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.71506°N / 73.02316°W
Additional Information County: Franklin / Berkshire
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 2838 ft / 865 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Crum Hill is the highest point of Franklin County in Massachusetts. Thus, it is of interest to county highpoiinters. The summit is just barely east of the county line with Berkshire County. There are two summits to Crum Hill; LIDAR has indicated that the north contour is higher by about 4 feet. Note that older maps show the south contour is higher, but the top has been leveled with construction of a wind farm. Atop Crum Hill are a set of wind turbines. 

Getting There

Take MA Rt-2 to the town of Florida, MA. On the north side of this highway is Tilda Hill Rd. Go as little more than a mile north on this road to find the intersection with Bliss Rd.

GPS address is 138 Tilda Hill Rd, Florida, MA.

Route

The most direct route to the summit is via an old snowmobile trail to its height followed by a bushwhack north to the north contour summit. The snowmobile trail starts right at the intersection of Tilda Hill Rd and Bliss Rd.

Red Tape

There is an access road owned by the power company that operates the wind farm. It is strictly off limits.

When to Climb

All seasons.

Camping

No camping is allowed.

Maps

USGS 7.5 x 7.5: North Adams

External Links

https://www.peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=7044

https://www.listsofjohn.com/peak/122571

 



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.