Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 51.02196°N / 115.34065°W
Additional Information Elevation: 9085 ft / 2769 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Three SistersThe Three Sisters from the route down Grotto mountain.

The Middle Sister of the Three Sisters (Canada). These are the three peaks that overlook Canmore, Alberta, Canada. The Middle Sister is the most accessable of the three. While not more than a scramble the approach is very long. The view of the surrounding area is worth the trip.

Getting There

The Three Sisters from the...The Three sisters from Rimwall.

Take the Trans-Canada highway from Canmore and get off at Dead Mans Flats. Park at the trail head near The Alpine Haven Resorts. Hike the old mining roads or better still mountain bike to cut the time. The trails ar not well marked so a topo is a good idea. Once you get to Stewart Creek follow the trail that disappears and reappears along the creak once you get above the trees at the end of the creek follow the scree slope up to the right to the sloping ridge. From there it is an easy walk. It can be a very long and dry hike. So bring lots of water or a good water filter and fill up at the beginning of Stewart Creek.

Red Tape

Once you get to the end of...Little Sister from the route up Middle Sister

No permits required. But its best to let someone know where you are.
There is an overnight fee of $3. but this is a day trip.
Alberta Tourism Visitor Centre. 403-678-5277

When To Climb and Web cam

The Three Sisters (Canmore,...The Three Sisters from Canmore

Summer and fall would be the most popular but all seasons are open. Some of the surrounding trails are closed during April and May for the Mountain goats at breeding time.

Web cam Just click on the logo, in the dialoge box choose Alberta and then Canmore.

Zeitcam.com Time-lapse Web Cam Movies

Camping

This is a day trip.
There are many campgrounds available
Alberta Tourism Visitor Centre. 403-678-5277

Mountain Conditions

Prepare for all weather just like on any peak.
Alberta Tourism Centre 403-678-5277
Spray Lakes Ranger Station 403-678-5533

The Alpine Club of Canada

Joining a club such as The Alpine Club of Canada is recommended when climbing in Canada. While it is not obligatory, useful information can be had at any of their Clubhouse in Canmore, or at their website which is open to everyone.

http://www.alpineclubofcanada.ca/

Staying at the club in Canmore is 15$ Canadian for members and 19$ for non-members. It can get quite crowded in the summer so a reservation is recommended.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.