Bettelwurf, Großer

Bettelwurf, Großer

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.34487°N / 11.51505°E
Additional Information Elevation: 8940 ft / 2725 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Bettelwurf is the 4th highest summit in the Karwendel and the highest of the Gleirsch-Hallal chain. All what you need on the normal way is a good condition, a good health and the standard equipment for mountain hiking. The hardest points are safed by cabels, so you don't need ropes ect. In the late summer and the early autumn (before the first snow falls on the mountains) you will meet a lot of people on the way to the summit.

Getting There

You leave the A12 at the exit "Hall i. Tirol - Mitte" (ca. 10 km in the east from Innsbruck) and through the little town Hall in direction Absam. In Absam the road makes a right turn to Gnadenwald. At this junction you drive straight ahead into the Halltal. In the Halltal are some small areas where you can park your car.

Red Tape

You have to pay toll for the street into the Halltal

When To Climb

The mountain is usually climbed in summer and in the early autumn.

Camping

Camping is not allowed in this area. But you can sleep in the Bettelwurfhütte. The Bettelwurfhütte has opened from middle of june until middle of october. For further infos look at this page: Bettelwurfhütte.

Mountain Conditions

Bettelwurfhütte: +43 5223 53353
Weather-Info.

External Links



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.