Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.63330°N / 7.91530°E
Additional Information Elevation: 8530 ft / 2600 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


The Monte Mars is a mountain 2600 meters high, that belongs to the alpi Biellesi, is the highest summit, despite the top is situated part in Biellese and part in Aosta Valley.
The whole area is actually Natural Park; a part from this top, there are in the park also a few nice lakes.

Getting There


To reach the area there are a few way; one of them starts from the Gressoney Valley; follow the motorway Torino-Aosta, exit Pont San Martin (very interesting roman bridge), direction Gressoney; after the village of Fontainemore, turn right following the sign Pilaz (15 minutes after the bridge). Here you can park, and walk up for the first part of the non asphalted road built for the farmers.

Red Tape



When To Climb


You can hike or climb the Monte Mars from July to October

Camping


In the area is forbidden; in the park there is the rifugio Delfo e Agostino Coda, tel. 015 2562405, or 015 590905.
Is in a very nice position at the foot of the most important climbing way for the Monte Mars, named Cresta dei Carisey, second degree, only one pass third degree inf., named the "dado" (a couple of hours from the refuge, AD-)

Mountain Conditions



Miscellaneous Info


The Gressoney valley is a particular one, with a very nice architecture and a population of german origin named Walser, that speaks a very old language, and has particular traditions.

External Links



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.