Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 22.4409°S / 44.8311°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 9176 ft / 2797 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This range is very dificult to climb. The mountains are vertically, the trail hasn't water by the way and is very close, because Mina's region rains hard. The Mina's range ( Serra Fina ) is in front of Itatiaia National Park and just one valley separate the ranges. The geology is same, rocks and rocks. Another group of mountains, Itaguaré group and Marins Peak are very close to this mountain, with wonderfull places and great peaks too. Pedra da Mina is the 4th highest peak in Brazil.
Top of Pedra da Mina 2797mSerra Fina Mountains


Getting There

The start of the trail is in the Passa Quatro county. From Rio de Janeiro , around 320 km and São Paulo, the same. The mountain is far of any county around it. By the way , you must be with a good guide to your security to climb or camping in this region. However , from Dutra's road ( BR-116) you take some views of the range. If you want to know more about this mountain, get the brazilian websites about " pedra da mina".

Pedra da Mina Map

When To Climb

At winter. April to October. At winter the weather is very good to hike. At day , subtropical temperature( 10° - 20°C) and at night , the coldest place in Brazil , with temperatures near -10°C. The icefall is rare , but exists in a few moments of the year.

OutlinesWinter over Pedra da Mina is very cold


Rotaturismo - Pedra da Mina

Serra Fina Expedition

Camping

There are a lot of places to camp in Pedra da Mina region, but nothing is better than you fix the tent over the top of this big and stunning mountain.

Campsite

Miscellaneous Info

Pedra da Mina is the mountain with more dificult to climb in this region, because is far from everything. The trail isn't visible and don't have celular signal. if you want to go there , prepare your group and you too!
A guide service is available in Passa Quatro Tourist Center

Mountains conditions

Weather in Passa Quatro

Links About Pedra da Mina

Ecophotos About Mina by Adilson Moralez - 1

Ecophotos About Mina by Adilson Moralez - 2

Pousada Pedra da Mina

Environmental Ecological Trips

Mario Lucio Sapucahy - Photos Pedra da Mina





Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Serra Fina rangeMountains & Rocks