Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.78490°N / 104.8895°W
Additional Information Elevation: 8020 ft / 2444 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


Muscoco Mountain is a fairly dramatic high point on the ridge between Mt. Cutler and Gold Camp Road in Colorado Springs' North Cheyenne Canon Park. It dominates the view south from the Gold Camp Road parking lot at the end of the paved road section above Helen Hunt Falls. We saw one other person on the trail on a Beautiful Sunday in April and they seemed surprised to see us. Expect to leave the crowds behind once you leave the Mt. Cutler trail.

Getting There


Take US Highway 24 West, also known as Cimarron Street, to 8th Street. Go south on 8th Street. Turn right on Cheyenne Boulevard. Continue staight at Cresta Road. When you come to a fork in the road, take the right fork, which is North Cheyenne Canyon Road. The left fork goes to Seven Falls. Follow the road for approximately one and a half miles to the Mt. Cutler trailhead and limited off-road parking on the left. This parking area often fills up quickly on weekends.

Miscellaneous Info



Red Tape


No permits or fees are required. Dogs should be leashed as this is a City Park. Be sure to observe park hours which are posted as you enter the park.

When To Climb


This mountain is climbable throughout most of the year. Parts of the trail are steep and/or relatively narrow with fairly steep dropoffs on one side and may be inappropriate for young children, particularly in snow season. The north facing orientation of parts of the trail tend to hold snow so be sure to wear appropriate footwear in snow season.

Camping


No camping is allowed in North Cheyenne Canon Park. Park literature mentions cars left at the Mt. Cutler trailhead overnight risk vandalism.

Mountain Conditions


The following information can be found on the Mt. Cutler page:

Check Colorado Springs weather at: Colorado Springs weather


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.