Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 32.70200°N / 109.871°W
Additional Information County: Graham
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 10724 ft / 3269 m
Sign the Climber's Log
.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
bdreese2

bdreese2 - Nov 24, 2019 12:40 pm - Voted 8/10

Gate Closed at Shannon Campground, not Arcadia

Hey, The body of this post suggests that the road is closed at Arcadia Campground between November 15th and April 15th. This is incorrect, rather the road is closed much higher at Shannon Campground. A few pieces of evidence: 1. I was able to reach Shannon Campground on November 16th 2. Peakbagger has several trip reports that start at Shannon campground within these dates. 3. On the drive in there's a sign that states the road is closed from the given dates in 20 miles. This sign is posted 20 miles from Shannon Campground 4. Finally Google Maps shows "Closed Winters" only after Shannon Campground. I will note that there are gates lower than Shannon Campground (including Arcadia). I saw signage that said the road could be closed for plowing snow, and would assume this is what these gates are used for.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.