Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 35.97890°N / 105.6324°W
Additional Information Elevation: 13024 ft / 3970 m
Sign the Climber's Log
North Truchas Peak is the 3rd highest peak in the remote Truchas Peaks group, which is located in the Pecos Wilderness Area in the Sangre de Cristo mountain range, about 20 miles north of Santa Fe. In addition to North Truchas Peak these area also gives you access to South Truchas Peak, Middle Truchas Peak, and West Truchas Peak (or West Middle Truchas).

The Truchas group is truly a beautiful group of mountains. Unlike many of the broad, dome-shaped mountains of northern New Mexico, the Truchas mountains are craggy, steep mountains that are more reminiscent of their neighbors to the north in Colorado.

Overview

Truchas Peaks Panorama
 


North Truchas Peak from Medio Truchas
Truchas Geology

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
wbass

wbass - Jun 21, 2005 10:35 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

A good alternative access point for a day hike up to North Truchas or others. See trip report.

trucheno - Jul 24, 2005 1:53 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Per the USGS website:

#1 Wheeler 13161
#2 Walter 13133
#3 Old Mike 13113
#4 Truchas 13102
#5 Middle Truchas 13066
#6 North Truchas 13024

I live 8 miles, straight line, from the Truchas Peaks. Have been on Middle Truchas twice , and Truchas Pk once. Will go for N Truchas Pk in AUgust, from Trampas lakes.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pecos Wilderness AreaMountains & Rocks
 
 
New Mexico 10k+ PeaksMountains & Rocks
 
Thirteeners of New MexicoMountains & Rocks