Hinteres Sonnenwendjoch

Hinteres Sonnenwendjoch

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.59884°N / 11.94694°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6516 ft / 1986 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Hinteres Sonnendwendjoch is an austrian mountain at the border to Bavaria. It is the highest elevation in this region around the Ackernalm. But this austrian mountain belongs geographically to the Bavarian Alps. The view from summit is stunning, because the southern mountain are smaller and allow a view to the Hohe Tauern, Zillertal Alps, Tuxer Alps and Rofangebirge.

Panorama Hinteres SonnenwendjochHinteres Sonnenwendjoch


The fantastic Panorama from hinteres Sonnenwendjoch

Getting There

From South and East: A12 (Austrian highway #12) Exit #2 (Kufstein-Nord) towards Thiersee. Behind LANDL at Wachtbrücke goes a toll road to ACKERNALM.

From North and West: A8 (German highway #8) Exit #98 (Weyarn) via MIESBACH, SCHLIERSEE, BAYRISCHZELL to Wachtbrücke and then via toll road to ACKERNALM.

Ascents from West: From Schliersee via Spitzingsee to VALEPP.



Nearest Airport:
Munich Airport
Innsbruck Airport

Austrian railroad company "ÖBB"

When To Climb: Weather, Webcam and general informations

Normally you can climb Brecherspitz the whole year. In winter and early spring are the toll road from LANDL to ACKERNALM and the road to Valepp closed, so you have to walk the entire toll road for a ski-ascent!

WEATHER IN THIS REGION

DANGER OF AVALANCHES TYROL

DANGER OF AVALANCHES BAVARIA

CAMPING AT THIERSEE

Tourism association Kufstein
Unterer Stadtplatz 8
6330 Kufstein
FON +43.5372.62207
FAX +43.5372.61455



Routes to Hinteres Sonnenwendjoch

Sonnenwendjoch seen from SpaceHS from Space
MAPmap

No permits, but toll road to ACKERNALM from Landl/Wachtbruecke.

1)
From ACKERNALM (direct): From ACKERNALM via FROMMALM to HINTERES SONNENWENDJOCH.

2)
From ACKERNALM (long): From ACKERNALM via BAERENBADALM to HINTERES SONNENWENDJOCH.

3)
From VALEPP (short): From VALEPP via DIENSTHUETTE to BAERENBADALM and continuing route #2.

4)
From VALEPP (long): From VALEPP via REICHSTEINALM and JAGDHUETTE to ACKERNALM and continuing route #1 or #2. This route provides an ascent by bike.

5)
From NORTH: From ZIPFELWIRT via WINTERSTUBE and HINTERTORALM to WILDENKARSATTEL. From WILDENKARSATTEL via WILDENKARALM to HINTERES SONNENWENDJOCH.

6)
From WACHTBRUECKE: From Wachtbrücke by bike or ski to ACKERNALM or from STALLENALM to SCHOENFELDALM and via WILDENKARALM to HINTERES SONNENWENDJOCH.

HIKING MAP OF THIS REGION - KOMPASS #008 Bayrischzell/Schliersee 1:35.000

Heroes on summit ;-)

Post a summit picture, I will attach it to this section.

Stunning summit-view


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bavarian Pre-AlpsMountains & Rocks