Twin Peaks in the Cascades (N Fork Snoqualmie)

Twin Peaks in the Cascades (N Fork Snoqualmie)

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.61266°N / 121.60365°W
Additional Information County: King
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5325 ft / 1623 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Twin Peaks is a little known scramble that is part of the "Cascade summits you can see from Seattle" series. It may be the namesake of the eclectic David Lynch TV show, but we didn't see any signs of Laura Palmer. It offerred some nice winter trekking/scrambling, as well as the opportunity to see some lochs (and possibly monsters?)

Summit Views
DanielToSnoqualmiePassLooking east

Mt Thompson Rainier PanoramaLooking south

Pt5095_Pt5245_panLooking west

Baker to LennoxLooking north

Getting There

The trailhead is off the North Fork Snoqualmie river road, the same approach as for Lennox and Phelps. See the "Route from the West" approach from the following Lennox route description. Park at the gate where the Philippe Cr road goes off to the right.

See the route Lochs, NE ridge for our GPS track and a possible shortcut.

We considered staying on the logging road until it peters out on the ridge west of Loch Katrine, but since it has a steep section just south of the loch, and the forecast was for high winds, we decided to stay low.

Red Tape

Unknown

Camping

There might be some nice camping north of Upper Lock Katrine by the little tarn. It is relatively flat in this area. You lose about 250' of elevation from here down to the upper loch.

Also, the area south of Loch Katrine has potential, and would have been good for winter camping.

External Links

Washington Trails Assoc
The Irish Loch

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.