Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 48.00400°N / 121.4909°W
Additional Information County: Snohomish
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 6020 ft / 1835 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Updates coming soon - gimpilator

Morning Star stands with Vesper and Sperry Peaks as one of the prominent peaks of the Headlee Pass area. It is situated between Headlee Pass and Del Campo Peak; SE of Sperry Peak and west of Lewis Peak. There are a few routes up it; none of them technical, but none of them easy.
Morning Star Peak
Morning Star Peak with Vesper and Sperry behind.

Getting There

Drive the Mountain Loop Highway east from Granite Falls for approximately 28 miles and turn right on Sunrise Mine Road #4065. Follow this road to its end after 2 miles, and the trailhead for the Sunrise Mine/Headlee Pass trailhead.

Del Campo & Morning Star
Del Campo (left) & Morning Star (right)

Red Tape

A Northwest Forest Pass is required to park at the trailhead.
 
summit
Morning Star summit.

Camping

Possible, although not many areas that would be suitable.

External Links

Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest - Trail Conditions

Check the condition of the Sunrise Mine trail.

When to Climb

 
before & after
 

Spring/Summer also possible in Fall/Winter

Heavy brush makes it difficult in summer. I climbed it in the winter which made it much easier with the snow covering all the brush and talus. There is some steep snow to be concerned about towards the top though.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.