Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.59236°N / 7.94790°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 8110 ft / 2472 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

 
Lauberhorn
Lauberhorn
 
North face of Lauberhorn
North face

The peak of Lauberhorn is in the Bernese Alps over the famous col of Kleine Scheidegg under the colossus Eiger and its not less magnificent companions Mönch and Jungfrau. The proximity of the train does that this peak of wide landscape and it can be summited for any type of person. The mountaineers that seek good hikes and they don’t have level and technical capacity to climb the alpine colossuses here can enjoy a nice walk from Grindelwald of 4-5 hours and 1450 meters of slope always under the impressive Eigernordwand or another easy walk fron Wengen (2h45min). Only if itself does not it have sufficient time or our companions are not mountaineers is recommended the ascent from the train of Kleine Scheidegg (a walk of 1 hour).
As curiosity this peak is famous among the enthusiastic to skiing because near its top is found the ramp at the outset of the famous challenge “Ski World Cup Internationale Lauberhornrennen” that is celebrated in jaunary of each year.

Other nice mountains in Grindelwald area for mountaineers that themselves do not dare with the snow-covered summits of the alpine colossuses but he likes to climb mountains, and not only the walks, they are Tschuggen, Faulhorn, Reeti or Schwarzhorn. All this peaks have superb views!

Getting There

 
Kleine Scheidegg & Eiger
 

Grindelwald is easily reachable in train from Interlaken, the main village of the area. map

Red Tape

 
Lauberhorn & Tschuggen
Grindelwald
Not fees.
This type of grassy mountains they can deceive in sight since the valley and to seem us nearby but the effort is nothing contemptible and the map returns us to the reality of the 1,5 km of slope that separate us of the top. It should be confronted with forces and sufficient patience and, in spite of the fact that the tourists in the train in several occasions they advance us, we must to try of not fall in the temptation of abandon in some of the intermediate train stations. Without doubt the top will be more satisfactory.

Camping

Camping is not allowed.
Many lodges and hotels in Grindelwald, Interlaken, Wengen, Lauterbrunnen...

When to climb

Conditions are best from may through early October. In winter this area is part of the ski resort, the climb is interesting and possible with winter material but you must be carefull with the skiers.

Weather conditions in Grindelwald:

External Links

Jungfraubahn information about railroad, hiking trails and maps of the area

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Mauntainfreak - Jan 8, 2016 5:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Photos from a hike

This is a photo-gallery from a hike to the Lauberhorn. (click the photo): Click to enlarge

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Jan 9, 2016 4:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Photos from a hike

thanks, it's very interesting

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.