Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.33751°N / 91.25137°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 1580 ft / 482 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mount Trudee is a large anorthosite dome rising some 400 feet above the thick Minnesota forest. Situated along the Superior Hiking Trail, Trudee presents a beautiful view of Lake Superior, the Palisade Valley, as well as several other inland lakes within Tettegouche State Park. While its east face is covered in white pines, the rock outcroppings give one the feeling of being on a high mountain top, as close to one can get in Minnesota anyway. My personal favorite spot along the Superior Hiking Trail.


Getting There

Take Highway 61 north out of Duluth about 60 miles until you reach the junction of Highway 1, take a left. After about a mile you should see the Superior Hiking Trail Trailhead off to your left. Follow the trail westward for roughly 4 miles.

Trudee can be climbed at any time of the year, and all 4 seasons have their own advantages (fall colors, spring foliage, ect). Trudee makes an excellent snowshoe in the winter.

Red Tape

Mount Trudee is protected in Tettegouche state park, so all state park rules apply.

Camping

Tettegouche has 2 campgrounds, one cart-in style camp directly on Lake Superior and a standard car-camping ground on the Baptism River.

External Links

Tettegouche State Park Website

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/tettegouche/index.html

Detailed Park Map

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/state_parks/spk00269.pdf

Views from the Summit

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Jeff Miller - Jul 16, 2013 4:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Mount Trudee

Hello, I'm the person who said Mount Trudee was anorthosite, not granite. You made one correction, but there are still two more references to Trudee being granite. The first is on the page that pops up if you Google Mount Trudee. The second is further down the page where you made the first correction.

whiteroom17

whiteroom17 - Jul 30, 2013 1:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Mount Trudee

I think I have corrected all of them. Thanks!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Sawtooth Range (MN)Mountains & Rocks