Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.00841°N / 8.83780°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 7484 ft / 2281 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Druesberg is a mountain in central Schwyz, North-East of Muotathal and South of the Sihlsee. It is the high point on the ridgeline which also forms the ski resort of Hoch Ybrig. It's reachable from the same point where the lifts to Hoch Ybrig start, but is across the valley from the ski area itself.

There are two ways up from the valley below. The blue and white marked "alpine" route heads seemingly directly up the cliffs. The route does take a steep winding way up from the Valley floor and includes a ladder to bridge a rocky stretch. The second route is to continue down the farm road toward the end of the valley. A normal "Wanderweg" route branches left from here, and eventually meets up again with a farm road which can be used all the way up to the hut above. It's far less steep, but also less interesting.

The two routes merge again at about 1400m. Here, the route continues directly up (due West) keeping the Druesberg summit to the right until you reach the Druesberg hut.

At the hut, turn south and follow the trail up passing under the summit and up a chute to the ridgeline between Druesberg and it's neighbor Forstberg. The ridgeline forms an airy route to cover the last 180m to the summit.

On a clear day, the summit offers views of The Grosser and Kleiner Mythen, Glärnisch , Uri Rotstockthe Sihlsee, Zürisee, Ägerisee and Zugersee.

Getting There

By Public Transport: Take the train to Einsiedln. From there, switch to the bus to "Hoch-Ybrig, Talstation Weglosen". The lift house and parking block is near the start of the trail upwards.

By Car: To reach Weglosen, drive as if to go to Einsiedeln, but don't take the turn up into the town, instead continue around the Sihlsee (direction Euthal, Iberg) At Unteriberg, stay straight at the fork to Ibergereg and follow the road to the end. Park in the giant park house for the ski area.

When to climb

It's possible to hike the mountain from late Spring until Fall. It may also be possible with Skis in winter, though the easier route would definitely be required from the valley below and the final Summit ridge would need to be done on foot.

Places to stay

Partway up is the Druesberg Hut. However, the mountain is only 1250m from the valley below, and can be done as a day hike.

External Links

Swiss Railways
Druesberg Hut