Irumugarrieta / Intzako dorrea

Irumugarrieta / Intzako dorrea

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.00120°N / 2.02456°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4695 ft / 1431 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Aldaon & IrumugarrietaIrumugarrieta

Irumugarrieta or Intzako Dorrea with its 1431 meters is the highest summit of Sierra de Aralar. When it is contemplated from the plains of Igaratza does not emphasize a lot of its environment and is even difficult to recognize as mountain individualized among the great ridge, but when it's contemplated since the north we appreciate that is the highest point of the Malloas, the great rocky wall that dominates the northeast of the range. Because of it, it's one of the most visited summits offering some perfect views of the valley and the rocky wall.
Summit of Irumugarrietasummit


The two main routes have trailhead in Casa Forestal / Guardetxe and Albia and although they can be traveled through separately, for the people trained, they can offer a very interesting one traveled through to circulate since both are separated by only 1 kilometer of road of asfalt.

The name is euskera language mean "Three Border" (frontier in the summit)

Getting There

IrumugarrietaMalloas

  • From west of Spain: take direction to Pamplona. In Irurzun (16km before of Pamplona) take A-15 (or N-130 as well) in direction Donosti / San Sebastian. After 14 km we take the exit to Lecumberri. In the entry of the village of Lekumberri we take the road of Santuario de San Miguel de Aralar. After 15 km we arrive to the great parking of Casa Forestal / Guardetxe (not in the parking of Albia at 14 km, we must to follow to the white house of Guardetxe)

  • From the East of Spain: we arrive at first place at Pamplona and we take the A-15 to Irurzun. After it's the same of above.

  • From France and the north (San Sebatian) we take the A-15 in direction to Pamplona and we take the exit of Lekumberri.

Red Tape

IrumugarrietaIgaratza

No permits required but Aralar is a natural park with laws about the camping, the wildlife,...
Important: never try the routes with fog. The great green plain of Igaratza and the great forest are difficults for the orientation in this days.

Camping

Tha camping it's not allowed. Generally it's possible to lodge in many villages or citys. Pamplona it's the most nearby city with a lot of hotels.

Camping:
-Camping Aralar in the village of Lekumberri. Tel: 948-504011
-Camping Etxarri in Etxarri-Aranaz. Tel: 948-460537

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Basque MountainsMountains & Rocks
 
AralarMountains & Rocks