Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.68778°N / 0.03667°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 9862 ft / 3006 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Torre & CascoTorre & Casco

The peak Casco, Casco de Marboré, Casque de Marboré or simply Le Casque it's the first peak of more than 3000 meters at east of the most beautifull place or the natural park of Ordesa, the Brecha de Rolando, and for this reason it's a good target to mountaineers.
CascoBrecha & Casco
CascoCasco

Generally the people in general choose the easiest Taillon as target from Sarradets because the Casco present a difficult access to Col of Sarrios (exposed but with a metallic rope in the wall), a ramp with hard slope of 30º(more difficult with snow) and a final ridge of I+. Obviously in summer the walkers go to Taillon and the mountaineers probably make both summit from Sarradets. Like your neighbor Taillon the climb in only one day from Bujaruelo is very long and the access from french side (Gavarnie-Col de Tentes) is the shortest.
It exist another routes from Ordesa as Góriz (long but it's possible to spend the night in the refuge) or across Cotatuero (clavijas of grade PD-).

Getting There

Gavarnie:
From Toulouse or Tarbes we drive in direction to Lourdes. From Lourdes, follow to Luz-St-Saveur, from there on there should be signs to Gavarnie or Gedre. There is a good asphalt road up the col de Tentes with a parking of cars.

Ordesa:
From Zaragoza to Huesca, excellent highway. Road N-330 to Sabiñánigo, across the tunnels of Monrepos. After Sabiñánigo you have to get road N260 north for 13 km and turn right at Biescas following the road C-138 (road signs "Ordesa"). Then you cross the Col of Cotefablo and after 24 km turn left at the crossroads marked Torla. From that point on it's only 2 km to the parking lot or 8 km to the pradera de Ordesa.

Red Tape

See the page of Ordesa Valley for the rules of the park.

Camping

Refuge of SarradetsSarradets & Casco

-Free camping is forbidden. It's permited to vivy or camp using a tent lower than 1.3 m/ 4 ft 3.25 in, wich would be taken down at dawn. This practice is allowed above these heights:
Ordesa area: 2.100 m (Clavijas de Soaso)
Añisclo area: 1.800 m (Fuen Blanca)
Escuaín area: 1.800 m (La Ralla)
Pineta area: 2.500 m (Balcón de Pineta / Bolán de Marmorés)

-In french side you can to camp in a place far of more than 1 hour of a refuge over 2000m.

Refuges:
-Ref.de Sarradets (2587m, 85 places). Tel:62924063.
-Ref.de Goriz (2190m, 100 places) Tel:974-341201.

A lot of hotels in Torla and Gavarnie

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
visentin

visentin - Mar 12, 2009 9:17 am - Voted 10/10

Casque

I'd suggest putting the french name into brackets in the title & overview, as well as the "Query Name" field so one can find it via the search. Good page otherwise !

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Cirque de GavarnieMountains & Rocks
 
Pyrénées: BigorreMountains & Rocks
 
 
3000'ers of the PyreneesMountains & Rocks