Sierra Estrella Peak (Hayes Peak)

Sierra Estrella Peak (Hayes Peak)

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 33.27350°N / 112.2807°W
Additional Information County: Maricopa
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4512 ft / 1375 m
Sign the Climber's Log

.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-4 of 4

3UpAdventures - Nov 17, 2013 12:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Ocotillo Rd

I found Ocotillo Rd to have a pretty deep wash to cross with no bypass at 1 1/2 miles from the turn off. It was filled with fairly deep sand that would require 4 wheel drive and aired down tires to cross. I walked the remaining 4mi to the powerlines.

surgent

surgent - Nov 18, 2013 1:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ocotillo Rd

Thanks for this updated road information.

EKassan

EKassan - Dec 14, 2015 8:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Riggs Road

Riggs Road is further south, but on the route to Quartz Peak (the only official trail in the area), so it sees a lot more usage. As such, it was in very good shape (December 2015). The first half of it is paved. From the east end of Riggs Road, one can go north on the powerline road to the intersection with Ocotillo "Road" and go east from there to the trailhead. Both the powerline road the extension of Ocotillo Road were 4WD roads, but not bad.

HikingMan

HikingMan - Sep 29, 2016 1:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Great Job!

Nice summit report, especially since this is not an official trail. My Goodyear climbing buddy and I are planning this hike in NOV 2016. Looking forward to it.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.