Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 33.93580°N / 116.1955°W
Additional Information County: Riverside
Activities Activities: Hiking
Additional Information Elevation: 5560 ft / 1695 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mount Inspiration
Mount Inspiration is a prominent peak on the main crest of the Little San Bernardino Mountains in Joshua Tree National Park. It has a prominence of P800. Mount Inspiration has a incredible views of the northern face of the San Jacinto Mountains, rugged eastern slope of the San Bernardino Mountains, entire expanse of Joshua Tree National Park, and the Colorado Desert country surrounding the Palm Springs area. Mount Inspiration also marks the transition from northern higher Mojave Desert to the lower southern Colorado Desert, thus hikers will see a interesting combination of plants existing here.

Getting There

Keys parking lot.
Take I-10 east past Banning to the intersection with SR 62. Go north on SR 62 to the Park Road in the town of Joshua Tree. At the sign reading "Joshua Tree National Park" turn right. Drive 16 miles on this road to the intersection with the Keys View Road. Turn right and continue 5.6 miles to the Keys View parking lot.

From the Keys View(5185ft.) parking lot, hike up the ridge to the north, following a faint use trail to the first bump Peak 5480ft. As you ascend, two other high points (Peak 5558ft.) become visible to the west. The true summit is behind the farthest of these. From the first summit, go west down into a saddle and, keeping to the right, go up past the rocky prominence on the second bump. Continue up over the third summit and on to the main BM marked summit.

RT 2 miles, 700ft gain.

Red Tape

You will need to buy a park pass to enter.

7-Day Vehicle Permit: $15
This admits the passengers of a single vehicle for 7 days.

Joshua Tree National Park Annual Pass: $30
This admits the passengers of a single vehicle for 12 months.

Camping

Joshua Tree has many campgrounds go to this website for more information:

Campground information:

External Links

Homepage of Joshua Tree National Park

Mount Inspiration is on the Hundred Peaks List





Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.