Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 33.76690°N / 117.5779°W
Additional Information County: Orange
Activities Activities: Hiking
Additional Information Elevation: 3800 ft / 1158 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview



Bedford Peak is a small peak in the Santa Ana Mountains a little northwest of the ranges highpoint Santiago Peak. The peak lies just off of the North Main Divide Road. The Main Divide Road neatly crosses the entire backbone of the Santa Ana Mountain Range. Bedford Peak is on the Lower Peaks List of the Sierra Club. It's summit is on the border of Orange County and Riverside County.

Getting There and Route



This route is good for hiking, mountain biking, and motorized vehicles with good clearance. Watch out especially for dirt bikes as there are many blind corners.

Take I-15 to the city of Corona and exit at Weirick Road. Turn right at the end of the off ramp and turn left onto Knabe Road. Drive about a 1/2 mile where on your right you'll see a truck yard. Just north of this fenced in yard you'll see a narrow road. You'll see a sign that says Bedford Motorway, turn right here and drive up through the houses. Soon you'll pass through a new housing developement and golf course. After about 2 miles you'll pass a gate with a sign reading 4S03, this is Bedford Road. At a little over 6 miles from the start of Bedford Road you will reach the Main Divide Road. Turn right onto this road. Continue on this road for about 3 miles. You will cross a series of peaks on the left side of the road. Basically the middle one is Bedford, pay attention to a topo map to keep them straight. Hike up the open short firebreak to the summit.

Roundtrip is around 18 miles, with atleast 2800 feet of gain but due to the routes roller coaster nature I would be ready for +4000 feet.

Red Tape

You will need a Adventure Pass to park anywhere in the National Forest. Adventure Passes are available at many gas stations and grocery stores in the Corona area.

External Links

Bedford Peak is on the Lower Peaks List.

For current conditions and camping go toCleveland National Forest.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Santa Ana MountainsMountains & Rocks
 
Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.