Raucheck

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.49470°N / 13.23406°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Trad Climbing, Sport Climbing, Bouldering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 7976 ft / 2431 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Raucheck is with 2.431m the highest mountain in the Tennengebirge, Eastern Alps, in Salzburg, Austria. It is one of several mountains on the huge plateau of the Tennengebirge. The summit is quite flat and easy to reach from the plateau, although the ways to get up to the plateau are quite long and more difficult.
The best time to hike Raucheck is from June to October, when there is not to much snow anymore.

Views

Routes

From North:
On way number 213 you go south- southeast from Pass Lueg to Leopold Happisch Hut (1.925m), on to Edelweiss hut and Raucheck (2.431m)
From West:
On way number 212 from the Eisriesenwelt (ice-caves) parking at around 1.050m you go to Oedl Hut (1.573m; you can also take a lift), Oedl way (via ferrata, easy, class A) and southeast on to Raucheck (2.431m)
From South:
HochkoenigView back on the way
On way number 30 you go from Wenger Au (967m) to Ellmau hut (1.530m) and Werfener Hut (1.969m). From there you take way number 16 direction north via the ladder (about 20m high) and go west to Raucheck (2.431m)
You can also go from Wenger Au to Hackel Hut (1.531m), further on way 211 North, way 16 west to Edelweiss hut and west to Raucheck (2.431m)

Getting There

On the highway A10 (from Salzburg to Carinthia) you take the exit Golling to get to Pass Lueg, exit Werfen to get to the Eisriesenwelt (ice-caves) or exit Pfarrwerfen to get to Wenger Au via Werfenweng. From Werfen there is a shuttle service to the ice-caves and in Pfarrwerfen a shuttle service to Wenger Au.

Huts

Leopold Happisch Hut, 1925m
Dr. Friedrich Ödl Hut, 1.573m
Ellmau hut, 1530m
Werfener hut, 1.969m
Dr. Heinrich Hackel hut, 1.531m
Edelweiss hut, self service

Maps

Kompass Nr. 15
Tennengebirge- Hochkönig
1:50.000

External Links

Werfener Hut
Eisriesenwelt (ice-caves)

Weather conditions

Werfenweng weather

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TennengebirgeMountains & Rocks