Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.92000°N / 117.14°W
Additional Information County: Spokane
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5282 ft / 1610 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is an easy walk up for anyone intersted in just getting out for a couple of hours during the day. The hike itself is not difficult even for the out of shape people out there. It offers some excellent views of Spokane Valley to the south, and has a 180 degree view to the north as well looking towards Eloika Lake.

Getting There

Take Hwy 206 (Mt Spokane Park Drive) off of Hwy 2 north of the "Y". Stay on Hwy 206 past the park enterance as if you were going to the Ski Resort. When you reach the saddle in the road where it starts to decent to the ski area turn left on Summit Road. (Be advised this road is closed during the winter). Follow summit Road to the Bald Knob Campground and park in the lot. Trail 130 is directly accross the road from the parking area. Follow trail 130 for about 1 mile to the CCC cabin and go left onto the old fire road. Take this road down for about 1/2 mile to a junction with trail 170. Follow trail 170 up to the rocky summit. Total round trip distance is roughly 3.5 to 4 miles.

Red Tape

Summit Road is closed during the winter.

Camping

Camping is available at the Bald Knob Campground.

Summit

The summit is not much more than a rock outcroping but the views are worth this short hike.