Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.76900°N / 110.766°W
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 10054 ft / 3064 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Perhaps not quite as aesthetic as its close neighbor, Ice Point, this larger feature is just one of a number of towers, spires and pillars clustered in the massif north of Cascade Canyon in Grand Teton National Park.

Storm Point sits 3 miles northeast of Teewinot Mountain and Mount Owen and less than 1/2 mile south of the popular climbing objective, Symmetry Spire.
Symmetry Spire and it s...

Getting There

Grand Teton National Park is located in northwestern Wyoming, adjacent to Yellowstone National Park.

From either Jackson, Wyoming (in the south) or Yellowstone (in the north), enter the park and follow signs to Jenny Lake Visitor Center. Here, you’ll find plenty of parking, a ranger station (where permits, climbing/conditions beta, etc. can be found), a gift shop, Exum Mountain Guides, restrooms, a boat dock, etc., etc.

Red Tape

A $20 entrance fee is required for the park. If you have a US National Parks pass ($50/year; or $65/year for Golden Eagle Pass), you can use it.

There is also a charge for the boat ride across Jenny Lake ($7 each way, as I recall). The boat runs continually 8AM to 6PM. No reservations are necessary.

Camping/Lodging

There are several designated campgrounds within the park.

Also, on Teton Park Road (south of Jenny Lake) is a Climbers’ Ranch. Several cabins, accommodating eight people each are available for less than $10 a night.

Additionally, bivying is allowed the park backcountry, though a permit must be obtained.

Additional camping and lodging options can be found on the Teton Range page.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Teton RangeMountains & Rocks