Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 44.26650°N / 73.7407°W
Additional Information County: Essex
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 2815 ft / 858 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Big Crow Mt. Is the higher of the two small mountains, known as the Crows west of the Village of Keene. This mountain is fairly popular for photographers because the many open ledges and the open summits offer views of 28 major Adirondack Peaks, many of them are 4,000ft'ers. Views include the Great Range, Mt. Marcy, Giant Mt., Dix Mt., the summit Horn of Big Slide, Whiteface Mt., and what I think are the best views of Cascade and Porter.

Big Crow, and its lesser summit, Little Crow, are also popular because of the short distance to, the top. Form Crow Mt. Clearing to the Summit of Big Crow it is 0.7 miles, with about 170 meters of elevation gain.

Getting There

The most popular trailhead for Big Crow Mt. is Crow Mt. Clearing. To get to Crow Mt. Clearing take exit 30 off the NYS Northway and head north towards Lake Placid. When you reach the Village of Keene turn right on to Hurricane Road. Travel up this road till you reach O'Toole Ln. O'Toole Ln. is a dirt road. Follow O'Toole Ln. to the end and park at the left side parking lot. The right side parking lot is the trailhead for Hurricane Mt.

Red Tape

Stay on state land. there is a lot of private home around the trail on O'Toole Ln.

Mountain Conditions




Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Eleutheros

Eleutheros - Nov 13, 2007 10:32 am - Voted 8/10

Hey Rob

"...many of them are 400ft'ers" Just wanted to note you oughtta add a '0' to make it 4,000 footers.

Rob A

Rob A - Nov 13, 2007 5:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey Rob

thanks

Viewing: 1-2 of 2