Becco di Filadonna

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.96398°N / 11.19292°E
Additional Information Elevation: 7054 ft / 2150 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Becco di Filadonna belongs to the massif of the Vigolana placed in the SE part of Trentino.
From its summit one of the widest and amazing panorama upon the Prealps of Trento, a wide sight on the town of Trento, on the Valsugana and the Brenta, Adamello, Presanella groups up to the summits of the dolomites of italian border.
The mountain shows rugged limestone walls full with pinnacles, crossed horizontally by ledges and big screes and look almost inaccessible: grows up SW of sud ovest di Trento and goes toward the Folgaria and Lavarone highlands, while, to the NE hangs upon the Valsugana.
Its highest summits are the Vigolana 2148mt and the Becco di Filadonna 2150mt.

Bivacco della Vigolana
Bivacco Vigolana 2030mt.and the Brenta group


On the ridge between the two summits (Becco di Filadonna 2150 mt. e la Vigolana 2148mt.) the bivacco Vigolana 2030mt , shelter for climbers and hikers in the centre of the group, on a rocky spur watching the Caldonazzo lake and the town of Trento.
The bivouac, built in 1966 by the S.A.T. of Caldonazzo near the needles of Madonnina, and the guglia del Frate , can be accessed along a suggestive and very exposed alpinistic path, towered by a band of wild and overhanging walls culminating with the highest summits.

Getting There

By car
The Altopiano is reached by car from the A22 Brennero highway (Rovereto Nord and Trento centro ) or from the A31 Valdastico highway (Piovene Rocchette tollgate).
By train
The Rovereto railway station, on the Brennero line, is 18 km from Folgaria, via Calliano.
By air
The nearest airport is Verona Villafranca, 90 km away. A shuttle bus service operates regularly between the airport and erona railway station (10 min.) with railway connections to Rovereto.

 
Becco di Filadonna
Becco di Filadonna

Becco di Filadonna
Becco di Filadonna

Becco di Filadonna
Becco di Filadonna


Routes

SENTIERO SAT 442
Folgaria - Carbonare - Passo della Fricca - alta Valle del Centa - Rifugio Casarota - Creste della Vigolana

The access is along the path 442 starting from the Passo della Fricca 1113mt. and steeply ascending along the Val Rossa up to the ridge between the Becco di Filadonna and the Cornetto di folgaria.

ALTOPIANO DI FOLGARIA

Altopiano di Folgaria - Folgaria - Passo del Sommo 1343mt. - sentieri SAT 451 e 425; the Becco di Filadonna is gained passing through the 3 summits of Monte Cornetto.
SENTIERO ATTREZZATO BIVACCO VIGOLANA
Vattaro - malga Dos dal Bugo 1031mt.- path 445 - Val larga - path 444 - Bivacco Vigolana 2030mt. - path 425 -Becco di Filadonna



Cima Vigolana
Cima Vigolana

Refuges

Casarota 1572mt. Centa S.Nicolò
Paludei 1059mt. Centa S.Nicolò
Madonnina 1056mt. Vattaro



Becco di Filadonna
Becco di Filadonna

Becco di Filadonna
Becco di Filadonna


Mountain conditions

For weather and avalanche conditions in Trentino look at this pages:
wetterzentrale
Meteotrentino
Meteo Alpin
Società Meteorologica Italiana

©2008 Tiziana Ciaghi



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

 
Vigolana GROUPMountains & Rocks