Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.42053°N / 120.86153°W
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 6743 ft / 2055 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Peak Overview and Scrambling Routes

Teanaway Topo MapTopo Map


Bean Peak is located in the Teanaway region, sitting at the head of the Bean Creek drainage. You can approach it from any direction, and its southeast, and southwest ridges run to Earl Peak and Mary Peak along the Chelan and Kittitas County line.

The climb from the north is almost a hike. We approached it from the south, via the Bean Creek trail, and got water from the creek before heading north across an open meadow.







Bean Creek BasinBean Creek Basin
Bean from SoutheastApproaching from the SE
Bean Summit Block from the SoutheastSummit Block

Southeast Scramble Route


After traversing on open slopes, we approached the summit from just below the southeast ridge, and encountered mainly 2nd class with a little bit of 3rd class on mainly solid rock. We tended to the left as we got closer to the summit.
Close to Bean Peak SummitNear Summit

I think you can avoid all 3rd class climbing by working around to the left or right. We descended to the north and then ran the ridge to climb Volcanic Neck and Devil's Head.





Summit Panoramas


West Pano from Bean PeakJudi Peak - Argonaut Peak Pano
West - Northeast Pano from Bean PeakBill Peak - McClellan Peak Pano



Getting There

Bean Peak is accessed from the same trail head as Earl Peak.

Red Tape

A Northwest trail pass is required at the Beverly Creek trail head.

Camping

Camping is available nearby at the Beverly Campground, 29 Pines Campground, and the De Roux Campground.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.