Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.73680°N / 9.94125°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10322 ft / 3146 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Flüela-Schwarzhorn or just Schwarzhorn 3146m is a mountain in the south of the Flüela mountain pass 2383m (Flüelapass). This mountain is near by the villages Davos and Susch and is located in the Rhaetian Alps and the Albula Group, in the Engadin region. In the southeast you find the Grialetsch hut 2542m (Chamanna da Grialetsch) and in the northwest the Dischma valley and the guesthouse Dürrboden 2007m. The Flüela-Schwarzhorn is in winter and summer often visited, he is one of the classic ski tours in Grisons. In summertime it is a moderate and fantastic hike (T4).






Schwarzhorn 3146mSchwarzhorn 3146m
Ascent to Schwarzhorn 3146mSchwarzhorn 3146m


Route & Difficulty:

Summer route:

The Starting point is the Flüela mountain pass, point 2332m, close-by the Flüela pass Hospice 2383m. On a mountain path you go to the point 2487m and up to the alpine pass “Schwarzhornfurgga 2880m”. Now pathless over the southeast side of Schwarzhorn to the summit.

Difficulty: L (F), or in the new scale: T4


Winter/spring route with ski:


With ski you go the same route as in summer. See above.

Ski Difficulty: WS+ (PD+) ¦ Route: 533b ¦ 850 metres in altitude
Guide book “Skitouren Graubünden” from Vital Eggenberger

Online maps for Switzerland:

www.mapplus.ch

Map Search - Online Maps


Accommodations

Grialetsch hut 2542m: Link to Grialetsch hut

Various hotels in Davos: www.davos.ch

Guest-house Tschuggen at Flüela pass: www.tschuggen.ch

Grialetsch hut 2542m (Chamanna da Grialetsch)Grialetsch hut


Getting There

By public transport:

With the SBB and RHB-Train from the city of Chur to the village Davos. From Davos to the Flüela pass Hospice you have to take a taxi. In the summertime you can take a public bus to the Flüela-pass.

Online train schedule (public transport Switzerland): SBB schedule

(Switzerland has one of the world's best public transport systems)

By car:

From the City of Chur take the road to Davos and follow the signs to Flüela pass.In Summer and autumn time, you can drive on the top of Flüela pass 2383m. In the winter this pass is close. (usually from November).

Online route scheduler: route scheduler in english and TCS.ch






Weather, climate and snow conditions in Switzerland

Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology

Weather SFDRS

Meteo News.ch

Swiss Federal Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research Davos: www.slf.ch



Links

Switzerland tourism: www.myswitzerland.com

Gisons tourism: www.graubünden.ch

Good and favorable accommodations: www.rooms.ch

In Memory of Cyrill Rüegger

A note from the SP staff
Cyrill Rüegger, the member we all used to know as Cyrill and Digitalis, died on June 13th 2009 in an avalanche on the summit ridge of Piz Palü together with his wife Tanja and a common friend. They were swept down by the avalanche into a couloir underneath the east summit and died instantly. Their bodies were retrieved from the Palü Glacier by helicopter a day after the accident.

Cyrill joined SP in March 2006 and soon was one of the most prolific contributors on the site with almost 70 mountain and 5 range pages to his profile. He was an accomplished climber, bagging almost 1000 summits in not quite seven years. Among them are 35 4000ers and 272 3000ers, almost all of them in his home country Switzerland.

While contributing a lot on SP, Cyrill's real internet home was www.hikr.org where he contributed 585 mountain profiles and reports in his native language German. Cyrill also posted on www.bergsteigen.at and other climbing sites, often under his real name but also under the pseudonym Digitalis. He was a botanist by profession and also contributed his knowledge about medical plants to different websites. Cyrill will be greatly missed by all.

This page will be kept in honour of Cyrill, one of SP's most prolific members and most active mountaineers.

Rest in peace, brother!

The picture above was taken on the summit of Matterhorn on July 28th 2007.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Albula AlpsMountains & Rocks