Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 35.92432°N / 118.33315°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 9977 ft / 3041 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Sirretta Peak is most commonly hiked from the trail that also bears its name. The trail starts out as Cannell Meadow Trail (33E32). In 0.5 of a mile the trail branches right and turns into Sirretta trail heading North towards Sirretta Pass.  
Trail Head
Sirretta Peak Trailhead
As you near the top of the pass you should leave the trail near waypoint 11S 0380227E 3976516N and turn sharply up hill to the West. Proceed on a bearing of 257° TN making your way up the slope through the Manzanita and rocks. Once you reach the ridge you will see the summit block and it should only be a short scramble to the top. Once at the top you will be rewarded with views of Big Meadow and the Domeland Wilderness.

Getting There

Starting in Kernville, head North on Mountain Rd 99 toward Johnsondale.
Turn Right on Sherman Pass Rd.
In approximately 6 miles turn Right onto Forest Rte 22S12 heading toward Big Meadow (this is also known as Cherry Hill Rd).
Once on Forest Rte 22S12 proceed toward Big Meadow.
Look for a turnoff on the left-hand side for Sirretta Trail Rd (Forest Rte 23S07)
Follow the signs to the trailhead.

Red Tape

Wilderness permits are NOT required.

Campfire permit is required if you plan to have a campfire or do any cooking with a stove. Permits can be obtained free online or at any Forest Service Office, Bureau of Land Management, or California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CDF) Offices, also from any Forest Service field personnel.

Camping

The hike is less than 6 miles round-trip and most people do this climb as a day-hike. There is ample primitive camping at the trail head.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
T. White

T. White - Oct 15, 2018 10:23 am - Voted 9/10

Use trail has been upgraded

I hiked this yesterday, and the use trail has many more cairns than it did four years ago (according to locals), including a "gate" that marks its divergence from the main trail. There should be no trouble finding it now.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.