Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 35.44940°N / 118.38832°W
Additional Information County: Kern
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8440 ft / 2573 m
Sign the Climber's Log

.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Nov 19, 2011 12:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Pah-Ute BM

I believe this rock outcrop at the western summit to be the highpoint. My GPS showed this to be 5-6ft higher than the middle summit, and 15-17ft higher than the eastern summit. There is a register located here as well that seems to indicate similarly. The topo shows a spot elevation of 8,417ft for a point west of this benchmark which may lead one to believe the western summit is lower.

surgent

surgent - Nov 22, 2011 11:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Pah-Ute BM

Others have found differently using GPS as well. The evidence still supports the middle outcrop as the summit.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Nov 22, 2011 1:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Pah-Ute BM

I think the evidence is only clear in that the eastern summit is lowest. The western and middle are perhaps too close to tell. You mention in the main text that the western points are 'obviously' lower which I think is misleading. To help other highpointers, they should be encouraged to visit both locations.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Southern SierraMountains & Rocks
 
 
California Fifty FinestMountains & Rocks