Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.07728°N / 1.09065°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6030 ft / 1838 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Towards Cerro CalderónCalderón
JavalambreJavalambre

Cerro Calderón or Alto de las Barracas (1.839m) is the highest peak of Valencia because is located in Rincón de Ademuz, an small area between Cuenca, Teruel and Valencia. It’s situated in Sierra de Javalambre with another main peak, the Javalambre (2.020m), but it’s a peak less frequented because isn’t highest peak of Teruel. The people who search the highest peak of every province of Spain generally prefer the climb of Peñarroya (2.024m) in the province of Teruel.

Calderon isn’t a big peak, it’s only a small hill with forest of pines, but the area has naturalistic interest. The route is nicer than the peak with big trees, but all the routes are long, with more than 23km in total.

Getting There

Puebla de San Miguel

Teruel is the nearby main city.

From Teruel to Puebla de San Miguel:


Ver mapa más grande

Red Tape-Wildlife

Las Blancas
Juniper and paint

Nothing special.
You must respect the wildlife specially the nice trees as the black pines and junipers. The most beautiful place is the forest of Las Blancas, a group of junipers 800 or more years old.

Camping

Camping isn't allowed. I prefer the hotels in Teruel or Rincón de Ademuz.

External Links

mendikat.net (Spanish)

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.