Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.27125°N / 121.13539°W
Additional Information County: Kittitas
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 5107 ft / 1557 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Mount Baldy is a popular hiking destination in the western region of Kittitas County, Washington. The peak gets its name from its "bald" open rocky summit, from which a 360-Degree panoramic view of the surrounding area is available. In particular, the mountain has fantastic views of the Teanaway and Enchantments areas to the northeast, as well as Easton Ridge and Mount Rainier to the south. Mount Baldy is also a popular hiking destination because of its close proximity to other local peaks.
Mount BaldyThe Southeastern Side Of Mount Baldy

Mount Baldy is most easily and commonly reached from the Easton Ridge Trailhead #1212. The trail system leading to Mount Baldy begins by switchbacking up the northwestern corner of Easton Ridge along Trail #1212, with ~1100' elevation gain in 0.8 miles. From there, the Easton Ridge Trail heads southeast along its namesake ridgeline, while the Domerie Divide Trail #1308.2 heads northeast towards a trail intersection at "Para Point" (4942'). Trail #1308.2 has ~1350' gain in 1.4 miles. From "Para Point", begin heading southeast along the ridgetop for 1.1 miles to Mount Baldy via the Domerie Peak Trail #1308.
Mount Baldy SummitRocky "Bald" Summit

From Mount Baldy, nearby peaks are easily accessible. The nearest peak is Domerie Peak (4771'), a rocky peak located only ~0.5 miles southeast of the mountain. To the northwest, along the same ridge, "Para Point" (4942') is only 1.1 miles away from Mount Baldy, and Thomas Mountain (5269') is only ~2.35 miles away from Mount Baldy.
Domerie PeakDomerie Peak, As Seen From Mount Baldy

Mount Baldy can be summited year-round. However, the mountain is mainly recommended for Spring, Summer, and Autumn months. The mountain is not recommended during Winter months, as well as periods during snowpack, due to the steep terrain needed to reach the peak.
Mount Baldy SummitAscending To The Rocky Summit...

Getting There

From I-90, east of Snoqualmie Pass:


1) Take Exit 70 ("Easton/ Sparks Road" exit).
2) Briefly head north to a "T" intersection. Take a left turn.
3) Drive approximately one mile to Kachess Dam Road. Take a right turn.
4) Drive approximately 0.8 miles to an unmarked forest road. Take a right turn.
5) Drive approximately one mile along the unmarked forest road to the trailhead for Trails #1212 and #1315.

Red Tape

No parking pass, fee, or permit is required for parking at the trailhead.

Trails #1212, #1308.2, and #1308 are for hiking use only.

Camping

No camping is allowed on Mount Baldy. Established camping areas are located near the trailhead as well as the nearby town of Easton, Washington.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.