Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 37.89674°N / 107.78693°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 13472 ft / 4106 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This fine steep peak allows you to climb up the amazing Bridal Veil Basin. It is surrounded by many thirteeners and La Junta Peak makes a great peak together with Wasatch Mountain, or just by itself.
Flowers in Bridal Veil Basin


Flowers abound in Bridal Veil Basin, and it is a botanist's dream location. There are several routes up this peak, and it is a great peak to day hike from Telluride. From the top of Bridal Veil Falls, it is only 6.25 miles roundtrip up to the summit, with 3000 feet of elevation gain.

Getting There

From the city of Telluride, drive east on the road and follow the signs for Bridal Veil Falls. The road turns into dirt and comes to a switchback in the road with a great view of the falls.
Bridal Veil Falls
There is a sign at this turn saying the road is a 4wd road and a high clearance road. The road is not high clearance, but is steep, but any car with 4wd can make it up the road. From the switchback, follow the road for 2.2 miles to a gate in the road. Park along the road and head up the trail through the gate along the trail and follow it to the base of the routes up this peak. Always stay right at any intersections on the trail, and you will reach the route up.

Red Tape

There is no permit required for day hiking this peak, but there is private property at the start of the trail, but it is not well marked on topo maps.

Camping

Once you get past the private property, there are many places to camp along the trail, and most of the trail in Bridal Veil Basin is below tree line, so the sites are well protected. Also, water is abundant in this valley, so that when camping, there won't be a water shortage.
Waterfalls in Bridal Veil Basin


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.