Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.70480°N / 0.59635°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8776 ft / 2675 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Ibon (lake) de Gorgutes and SacrouxLake of Gorgutes & Sacroux

Sacroux is one of the “observatory” peaks of valley of Benasque. The other observatory peaks are the most popular Salvaguardia and the less complicate Pico de Estos / Tuca del Dalliú. The landscape in Sacroux is very interesting and the route across the nice lake of Gorgutes is perfect for a short hike. The ascent of the summit has a little climb easy for mountaineers (F) but it’s a little hard for trekkers and for this reason the tourist visit normally only the lake and the Puerto de la Glera, the col between Sacroux and the small range of Salvaguardia. If you didn’t climbed Salvaguardia I consider that you must climb this wonderful peak in first time but in a new visit to Benasque you can climb this interesting Pic de Sacroux. The border Spain-France goes just over the ridge of the peak but the french name Sacroux is the most popular.

The peak is near of a higher and most important peak, the Mall Pintrat (2.851m), but the routes of this mountain are longer than the normal route of Sacroux and for this reason is a less climbed peak.

Getting There

Trailhead

Trailhead: at the end of road A-139. In the crossroad of Hospital de Benasque you must go to left to the final of road (1.790m). In this point begins the route.

Benasque:
Major airports: Zaragoza (211km), Barcelona (317 km)

Access for road:
-From Zaragoza to Huesca (72 km), highway. From Huesca to Benasque (138 km) for the N240 to Barbastro. Take N123 and N123a to Graus. In Graus take to left for A139 to direction Benasque/Cerler.
-From Barcelona: highway A2 to Lleida (or Lérida). From Lleida take N230. Continue by N123 in direction Torres del Obispo and more to Graus.
-From Huesca: in the road on direction to Barbastro (N-240). After Barbastro we'll follow the indication to valley of Benasque to the C-1311 to Graus and the C-139 to Benasque across the beautiful gorge of Congosto de Ventanillo

Others access: train and bus (company Altoaragonesa: Alosa)
-Train Barcelona-Zaragoza. Bus to Huesca and bus to Benasque (see Alosa)
-Train Zaragoza-Huesca or bus Zaragoza-Huesca (see Alosa). From Huesca to Benasque only in bus (see Alosa).


Red Tape

Rules of Natural Park of Posets-Maladeta (it's showing in the signals in the parkings).

Camping

It exist a lot of hotels in the village of Benasque.

Camping (Benasque):
-Camping Aneto (2ªcat).
-Camping Ixeia (2ªcat).
-Camping municipal of Senarta (free, a small rate of less than 2€ for person and day).

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pirineos: BenasqueMountains & Rocks