Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.44210°N / 121.591°W
Additional Information County: King
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 5335 ft / 1626 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Web Mountain SummitWeb Mountain Summit
Starting Elevation: 2200 feet
Summit Elevation: 5335 feet
Round Trip Distance: 5.5 miles
Elevation Gain: 3135 feet

Web Mountain is located along the I-90 corridor situated between more popular hikes like Mount Defiance, Bandera Mountain, and to the west Mailbox Peak. The hike to the summit can be done by following the rout to
Web Mountain Rock ProtrusionRidge Looking East
Putrid Pete's Peak and traversing another .3 miles from the summit to Web Mountain's summit.

The only problem is that after having ascended to P3 and scrambling up the boulder field you will need to continue on equally steep and confusing terrain. The reward for your efforts? A slightly better view and of course the view to the west no longer being obscured by the ridge.

Interstate I-90 can be heard and seen continuously after getting above the tree line. I always think when in that environment how probably thousands of people have driven by in the time I've been on my hike. They are missing out on the great outdoors, likely oblivious to the beautiful scenery that lies just a hike away.

Panoramic Images

Summit view Web Peak East (5335 feet)

Web Mountain View West (5335 feet)

Getting There/Approach

Web Mountain TrailTrail Route
From I-90 take exit 45 and follow FSR 9030 until after the pavement ends. At one mile from the freeway go left on FSR 9031. In another 3 miles park at the Ira Spring trailhead. This is the same trail head used for Mason Lake and Bandera Mountain. The trail approach is well described on the Putrid Pete's Peak page.

The potentially confusing parts:
The first turn off the Ira Spring Trail. At the very first switch back heading up hill continue straight on a faint path. It becomes more apparent and eventually becomes much easier to follow.

After the switchbacks have gone on for over a mile a boulder field can be seen uphill. The path is not well marked there but another faint path leads steeply uphill to the right side of the boulder field looking uphill.

Red Tape

North West Forest Service Pass is required at trail head

Camping

It would probably be possible but I didn't notice any suitable sites.

External Links

www.yellowleaf.org

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Cascade Scrambler

Cascade Scrambler - Sep 27, 2010 10:19 pm - Hasn't voted

If you descend due south from P3

You might want to add that if you're descending due south from P3, don't follow the fall line, otherwise, you'll end up in a horrible brush bash. Shortly after descending, start trending a little bit to the right (west). Don't follow the "obvious" route.

Arkitekt

Arkitekt - Sep 28, 2010 1:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: If you descend due south from P3

If you look at my map you will see the route that I took. I'm not aware of the old path. You might want to add a route to this page explaining how that detour goes. Sounds like it's easier than the trail I took.

Cascade Scrambler

Cascade Scrambler - Oct 31, 2010 1:48 am - Hasn't voted

Re: If you descend due south from P3

Will see what I can come up with!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.