Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.30953°N / 120.51418°W
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6191 ft / 1887 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Disclaimer

As of late September 2012 there have been very large wildfires in the area that have highly impacted this area. It is yet to be seen how much impact the fires have had to this area. I will edit this page as more information comes in.

Overview

Mount Lillian South Views


Mount Lillian South is the higher southern neighbor to Mount Lillian. This mountain though is very different from it's northern neighbor in that the true summit of Mount Lillian South features views in all directions (though partially to the north because of trees.) The summit rocks are stand just above the rocks to enjoy good views to the south and a decent shot of both the distant Enchantments to the west. Mount Lillian South also features a very open southern slope which opens up commanding views of the southern rolling mountains as well as shots toward Rainier.

Mount Lillian South Views


This summit is especially charming in fall when the larches are out. Usually in Mid-October the Larches go in peak here (different from the Enchantments which is late September) and create a beautiful mix of yellow between the evergreens. It should be noted that the mountains at Blewett Pass often have the sunniest weather in the Cascades.

Mount Lillian South


There are no trails are well marked bootpaths to the summit. However this peak is just an easy bushwhack off of Road 9712. The summit can also be combined with Mount Lillian to make a nice loop hike. Getting to Mount Lillian from Mount Lillian South will require a 3/4 mile bushwhack north through thick brush and trees but is well worth it once you get to that summit.

Getting There

VIA THE MOUNT LILLIAN TRAILHEAD: Take 97 from either the north or south right to very crest of Blewett Pass. Right at the Blewett Pass sign either make a right of coming from the south (Cle Elum) pr a left if coming from the north (Leavenworth) onto Forest Service Road 9176 which with start out paved for the first hundred feet. The road will then turn into to a dirt road as it ascends the ridge behind Diamond Head. Take the road passed the scree section where great views of the Enchantments can be seen. Once over the crest make a left on 9712 and take it all the way passed the horsecamp and Haney Meadow. When you hit a major switchback with a trailhead on your left park there and the Mount Lillian trail will be right there.

Red Tape

red tape in summer and fall except that a four wheel and high clearance vehicle is very strongly recommended for this loop trip.

Camping

There are a number of premative campsites located on Forest Road 9172 including one very close to the trailhead.

Blewett Pass Links

Link to live camera of Blewett Pass

Information on winter trail in Blewett Pass. Though much of the information is for snowmobilers, there is plenty of information for hikers.

Snow information at Blewett Pass from the Snotel located at Blewett Pass. This will give you an idea about how much snow is at the pass and what to expect.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.